- Senior Checklist
- Graduation Orders
- Scholarship Information
- September 1, 2021 letter from Superintendent Flores re: graduation
Senior Pictures through Lifetouch
MMHS Seniors are able to schedule individual appointments at the Lifetouch Photography Studio by booking an appointment online.
|February 9||Senior Parent Information Night at 5:00pm. Caps and gowns will be available for purchase.|
Cap and Gown sale at Mt. Madonna high School
For more information, call the Main Office: 669-205-5500.
|May 1||Community Service Deadline. All 55 hours need to be completed|
|May 9||Senior Recognition Night, 6:00 pm, at Mt. Madonna High School
Senior Recognition will acknowledge Candidates for Graduation. This will include students who received scholarships and pictures of the candidates.
Deadline to complete credits by 3:00 PM
|May 31||Graduation Practice at 12:45, Christmas Hill Park|
GRADUATION CEREMONY, 6:00-7:00 pm at Christmas Hill Park
After June 7
We’re excited to announce that GUSD has teamed up with Going Merry to provide you with a comprehensive website to view the many scholarships available to you and that you qualify for. Click on the link below to create an account and start accessing the scholarship list today!
Steps to apply for scholarships on Going Merry:
- Complete Profile section
- Request letters of recommendation from Documents (located on Profile page) These will be used for all scholarships you apply to.
- Click on Local to view scholarships applicable to GUSD and other local scholarships.
- Save your personal statement on Google Doc. You will need to copy and paste onto each application.
In addition to Going Merry, we also have a list of additional scholarships that utilize their own application. There are many other opportunities to get money for your higher education. Don’t miss out! Check our list of scholarships with various upcoming deadlines that are available to GHS students.
Resources in Applying for Scholarships
You will need to request your transcript from the Registrar. Once you have received your transcript, you will need to upload to the document section in Going Merry (Common Application Scholarships) or attach to the applications for the Other Scholarships. Request your transcript
See Going Merry’s helpful tips on writing an essay for your scholarship applications. Essay Tips
September 1, 2021
Dear Seniors, Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2022;
This is a very exciting time for you and your family, as you start your final year of high school. I hope you are able to continue to pursue your highest aspirations as you plan for life after high school. Congratulations on making it to this point in your educational career.
The purpose of this letter is to remind you of our expectations for the class of 2022, including information to ensure you are able to fully participate in senior activities, your high school graduation ceremony and receipt of your diploma, as you complete your educational journey in the Gilroy Unified School District.
You must meet all graduation requirements in order to participate in your high school graduation ceremony and receive your diploma. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. The graduation requirements, which were approved by the Board of Education in September 2019, are stated in Board Policy 6146.1 and are attached to this letter. If you have questions about graduation requirements, please contact your Academic Counselor.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the board has determined that GUSD students are unable to complete the Community Service requirements for graduation as stated in Board Policy 6146.1. At the September 17, 2020 GUSD board meeting, the Board of Education modified the existing policy to assist our students in fulfilling all requirements for graduation from the Gilroy Unified School District. These modifications include modifying the requirement for students in the graduating class of 2022 as follows:
- Members of the class of 2022 will be required to complete 55 hours as part of the graduation requirements
- Seniors with 160+ hours will be recognized with green cords upon graduation.
- All community service hours must be submitted to your community service coordinator by May 1, 2022.
- The graduating senior from each school with the most community service hours throughout their high school career will be recognized with their name on a perpetual plaque that is displayed at their school site.
- Students may choose to continue participating in community service, but any community service completed while in distance learning must be done virtually.
- For clarification on the expectations for the class of 2022, please contact the community service advisor at your high school.
Behavior and Discipline
Principals or Assistant Principals at your high school will talk to you directly several times this year about our expectations regarding behavior and discipline. You will also receive this information in writing. Please pay close attention as behavioral and disciplinary violations will disqualify you from participating in any planned school activities and may prevent you from participating in your graduation ceremony.
Graduation ceremonies for the class of 2022 are as follows:
- Thursday, May 26, 6:00 pm, GECA – TBD
- Wednesday, June 1, 6:00 pm, Adult Education Graduation - TBD
- Tuesday, June 7, 6:00 pm, Mt. Madonna High School Graduation – Mt. Madonna HS
- Thursday, June 9, 6:00 pm, Christopher High School Graduation– Christopher HS
- Friday, June 10, 6:00 pm, Gilroy High School – Gilroy HS
I look forward to congratulating you at your graduation ceremony as you begin the next steps in your journey.
Have a great year!
Deborah A. Flores, Ph.D.
Gilroy Unified School District